Adult Fan of Lego

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult Fan of Lego

Over the last few years, I've rediscovered a love for Lego. In addition to scratching my nerdy collecting vibe, I also find building them to be a nice way to relax. I think it's like all those adult coloring books they print these days. You get to be creative and have the fun of making something without having to expend TOO much mental energy on the process. Plus, at the end you've got something that you can look at and say, "Hey, I made this."

Like everything else, I haven't been able to build as often since the baby was born, but I'm anxiously awaiting the day he's old enough to buy his first Duplo set.

Here's one of my favorite builds: the Lego Wall-E.
    One of my favorite builds: the Lego Wall-E.

I got into Lego a few years ago when they got the TMNT license; also picked up several Mech sets; mostly Ninjago, but also a Luthor mech.

I followed the TMNT over to Mega Bloks/Mega Construx, and recently bought the Technodrome set. No clue when I'm gonna get around to it, but it'll likely be plennnnnty of time in the building, which will mean plenty of podcast and audiobook-listening time for me.

Love that Wall-E...very cool!

Comment

I was really surprised when Mega Bloks got the TMNT license away from Lego. I'm kind of an elitist about these things, I have to admit -- how do those sets stack up?

Comment

Today, my friends, we are one step closer to a Lego Satellite of Love that will sit in a box until my son is old enough that I'm not worried he'll choke to death on Tom Servo.

The First 2018 LEGO Ideas Review qualifying period ended this Monday morning, May 7th at 12:00 a.m. Central European Time or GMT+1. It's very exciting to see 10 incredible projects managed to reach the 10,000 supporter mark between the months of January 2018 and May 2018. A BIG congratulations to all members who worked so hard to achieve this milestone! This review round features a fascinating variety of designs, including several that are focused on aviation and nostalgic shows. We look forward to celebrating these 10 x 10K Club members later in the summer through the 10K Club Interviews! Let us know in the comments what you're hoping will make it through the review. Embraer A-29 Super Tucano (Smoke Squadron) by Alex Paschoaletto SR-71A The Final Flight by JustOneMoreBrick Treehouse by KevinTreeHouse Stitch by Legohaulic Modular Arcade by Astronaut Avila I am Amelia Earhart by Alatariel & Brad Meltzer LEGO Mystery Science Theater 3000 by JMaster Acclamator Class Assault Ship by Lucero The Flintstones by AndrewClark2 The Vintage Motorcycle of BMW R60/2 by maximecheng03 Third 2017 LEGO Review Results The LEGO Review Board is hard at work wrapping up the Third 2017 LEGO Review and we look forward to sharing the news with you all as soon as they are ready. Below are the 7 fantastic projects that are currently being reviewed.

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X