"and Zombies" taken too far?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "and Zombies" taken too far?

Books and movies are one thing, but video games?

Now anyone who played Pandemic Season One will know that zombies can work in some games. I have no idea how they are going to make it work in this one though...
    In Axis & Allies and Zombies, a new take on the iconic World War II strategy board game, each player takes command of one of the major powers, joining either the Axis or the Allies. Players then fight for victory against the opposing faction and a terrifying new foe: zombies. In this game that features streamlined game play, curveballs like chainsaw tanks and zombie mind control rays, and a zany storyline, will players survive the onslaught or succumb to the uprising? —description from the publisher

I have to say, that looks kinda interesting. I agree--no idea how it'd work--but having YET to get anyone to play ANY zombie boardgame with me, I'd take what I can get. Interesting the way Zombies hit our pop culture so hard, though. Walking Dead the comics, World War Z (the book), Marvel Zombies, Walking Dead the tv show, Shaun of the Dead, the more recent Romero films, the classic novels reimagined (Pride and Prejudice & Zombies).

I do feel like they've largely run the course. Seeing a number of boardgames "branch out" or take on other themes, though...if I saw this on the shelf somewhere, I'd probably take a closer look at it, at least. So for me personally, I guess [Whatever] "and Zombies" hasn't been taken TOO far yet--though it's close.

(I see an ad below for "Disney ZOMBIES"...wow!)

Comment

Zombicide is a fun game - I haven't played it a lot, but I enjoyed it the few times I did. And you should check out Pandemic Legacy Season 1 - that's a hell of a zombie game.

Disneyfied Zombies. Crazy...

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X