Stan Lee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Lee

Well, we knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Debate on his importance in comics themselves, but it is undeniable that there never has been a better ambassador for the medium.

Hopefully they'll employ some CGI to continue his cameos. I think he'd like that.

My phone blew up Monday with folks messaging me about it. I've "expected" it especially since late 2016 when we seemed to lose so many such public figures; after his wife died last year, seemed all the more likely to be soon. Morbid as that sounds.

Thanks to what he brought to comics, comics were around for me to get into, to be GOTTEN into. That's a bond I'll always have to my grandfather especially--though he (and I) weighted more toward DC than Marvel. And for what comics have been to ME, to MY life...I ascribe definite credit to him as part of that, which means a big part of who I am today is thanks to him.

I'm sad to know he's gone, but thankful for what he's left the word, for the impact he got to have...how many truly GET to leave such an impact...especially as he did?

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X