Reprint this!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reprint this!

Unlike the "grail quest," what are some comics you know you'll never find an original copy of, but are also unavailable digitally or reprinted?

With the Shazam movie next year, I'm hoping DC finally does a collected edition of the original "Monster Society of Evil." Not the (lovely) Jeff Smith miniseries, but the story that ran in Captain Marvel Adventures #22-46, the longest single story in the Golden Age of comics, which somehow has never had a single collected edition.

Good question!

I thought I'd seen something about that original Monster Society story finally getting a reprint. I'm guessing that must've been one of too many "cancellations?"

At the moment, I can't think of anything I'm particularly interested in that can't be had as a reprint OR digital, at least...or probably cheapo back issue bin diving/online ordering. (Dino-Riders?)

Comment

Finally!

EXCLUSIVE: A long-awaited book for fans of the original Captain Marvel – and classic comics – is coming in 2019…

Comment

You need to start asking for more!

Comment

I DO.

Okay, somebody give us that omnibus edition of Marvel's ALF run! 50 issues, three annuals, two Christmas specials and one "Spring" special. We can get that into one giant hardcover, right?

Comment

That might be a skinny omnibus compared to some that Marvel's been putting out...

Comment

Brute Force. Yes it is as bad as the cover suggest. But while I remember it as awful, I don't remember specifics.

Comment

I vaguely remember that. Wasn't it a comic made to promote a toy line that wound up never being released?

Comment

Yes, Marvel thought it would be a hit and then they could sell the toy rights. Apparently they are 616 Canon, per a deadpool appearance I now must own.

Comment

That settles it, then. We gotta get ALF in Deadpool.

Comment

I think that would be quite fun, but I oddly want to see ALF and Howard the Duck... don't ask me why.

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X