Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who - Series 11 Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who - Series 11 Discussion (Spoilers)

I am giving it a chance, but on balance, I don't think I am enjoying it.

On the plus side, I love the "feel" of the new series, and I sure as heck love the fact that I can hear the dialog. I am enjoying 2 of the three companions as well.

The Doctor? I am still being patient, but I am not feeling her. I can't tell if it is the scripts or the acting, but I am not as wowed as some people seem to be. Granted, I thought making the Doctor regenerate into a woman was a mistake, but I am willing to give it a chance, and have been keeping an open mind about it. She is trying too hard, and the constant sonic waving about is getting to be borderline ridiculous.

Maybe all of this will calm down after a few episodes. It's Doctor Who, so it will have to get really bad before I would stop watching, and I don't even think it is bad. Just not great.

So I am totally behind on this, having only watched the first two episodes. I'm actually scared to watch Episode 3 ... Rosa. I don't know what scares me worse, an English show trying to tackle American racism, or the potential that we are going to get even more political social-justicey than we already are. I don't mind shows with messages, but I really, really don't want to have to divorce Doctor Who of all things because it got too preachy...

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X