Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Streaming Service -- now with more Swamp Thing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Streaming Service -- now with more Swamp Thing!

In addition to the previously-announced Titans, Metropolis, Young Justice, and Harley Quinn shows on the upcoming DC Entertainment streaming service, DC just announced a new live-action Swamp Thing series helmed by James Wan.

The nerd in me is excited. The budget-strapped teacher is still waiting to hear more, like the price.

I'd lost track of where the various shows were going to be; I'll have to keep in mind that it's this DC streaming service.

While I'm a bit skeptical of yet another streaming service...as a "DC guy" I'll likely at least check it out; though price will be a huge factor in an ongoing subscription.

I'm definitely intrigued at what they can do with Swamp Thing with modern technology, as even low-end contemporary CGI is likely well above '90s CGI; and if they use it sparingly in conjunction with cool practical stuff and keep to a strong story focus, I think I'd enjoy it. All the more if they manage to work Constantine into it, too.

Comment

Constantine is going to be a series regular on Legends of Tomorrow next season, so I don't know how likely that is.

Comment

I'm on board with ALL this bonkers stuff. Finding time to watch it all... that'll be the trick. The only DC thing I'm remotely caught up on right now is Black Lightning, and I'm... 6 episode behind but DANG that show is good.

Comment

And now, a Doom Patrol series is added to the docket!

https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/st...10408577511424

Comment

At least they've added some content. All CBS managed to do was put Discovery on there. I am not sure how they are staying afloat.

Hopefully they can maintain the quality. I am behind enough on DC shows as it is, so I can't say if this is my bag or not. But I like that it will exist!

Comment

Yeah, the All-Access offerings are weak. But the Jordan Peele-produced Twilight Zone reboot they're doing has my attention.

Comment

The official announcement for DC Universe had been made. It doesn't have everything I would have hoped for, but it's enough to make me interested. I've signed up for the beta.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-universe-lineup-announced/

Comment

DC Universe has a price point announced: $7.99 a month, or $74.99 for an annual membership. And if you get the annual membership by July 22, you're entered in a drawing for tickets to the Aquaman premiere.

At that price, to me, it's definitely worth checking out.

Comment

The annual is a pretty good price - provided they have the content to back it up.

I subscribed early to the WWE Network, and they are at $9.99. I still am not sure they are worth that price point, but then again ... you used to have to pay $40-60 a month if you got all of the PPVs, which are free. I've seen that "about $10 per month" price slowly become the standard, even though I think it is a bit high. Hopefully they can add the content to make it worth it.

Comment

Me too. Although it's worth pointing out that the DC thing isn't just movies and TV. It's also a digital comics library (not as big as Marvel Unlimited, but it's a start) and access to a DC Forum with the creators and an exclusive DC collectible shop. $7.99 a month for all that (less if you get the annual package) seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Comment

The comics alone, if they build that up, might make it worth it to me I think. Maybe someday for the TV offerings... I admit I haven't watched ANY of the DC TV shows, because honestly - time.

Comment

I know what you mean. And most of the current DC shows won't be on there anyway, at least not for some time, because they've got contracts with Netflix or Hulu.

Comment

I already have the original Flash on DVD, though some of the old DC animated stuff might be interesting. Though - Robby isn't quite old enough for that yet, but in 3 years or so, that service will be an absolute must.

Comment

I hadn't realized about the collectibles shop thing...depending on what's offered and at what price, as well as shipping costs, that could add value to a month's trial. Until I see how it's gonna work and the depth of the comics library, I'm planning to wait and probably binge watch stuff once there's more new stuff that I'm interested in, available.

Even though at the end of the year it's more, I'm more than willing to pay more in the end to pay less in a given instance--$x/month beats $x*12 in a lump sum, for me.

Time will tell, though..

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X