What's the last movie you watched?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the last movie you watched?

The wife and I are trying to clear off the DVR, so we just watched an episode of Svengoolie we recorded a couple of weeks ago, the Three Stooges in Have Rocket, Will Travel. It's... kind of bonkers. The Stooges (including Joe DeRita) accidentally take a spaceship to Venus, where they're chased by a giant spider, make friends with a talking unicorn that sounds like he's from a Stan Lee issue of Thor, and face an evil robot that creates evil duplicates of them.

It honestly isn't a great film, but the loving cheese of Svengoolie makes pretty much anything enjoyable.

I think my most recent is still Infinity War. I have Gotham by Gaslight and Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay to get to, and I think Batman: Ninja comes out this week...so I'm definitely backed-up on watching those. (I used to watch them day of release or at least week of release!)

Non-theatrical may have been Murder on the Orient Express, which I have to say the use of the Imagine Dragons song with the trailer and then commercials for home media got to me and pushed me over the edge into actually watching it; and I enjoyed it well enough.

I also have several Studio Ghibli DVDs sitting on this desk waiting to be watched.

Comment

I still need to watch all of those DC movies AND Murder. Good to know it was enjoyable.

Comment

Black Panther for me was the last one I saw. I was proud to have seen that as soon as I did! Before that was the Doctor Who movie (got the DVD in the mail).

No idea what the next one will be... might be Jumanji actually.

Comment

The McGann movie? The one with Eric Roberts as the Master?

Comment

Yeah, that one.

Comment

A shame they never got to do more. The movie wasn't great, but McGann was good.

Comment

The movie was pretty good for the era. And McGann was great. Of course, there is a ton of McGann in the Big Finish Audio stories. I'll have to do some articles on those at some point...

Comment

This year I set a goal to rewatch (or just watch) as many superhero movies as possible (I like having a film project ongoing). Although it wasn't my intent when I started, I think there'll be a feature at the end of the year.

Anyway, Eddie and I just watched the original X-Men from 2000. Well, I watched it. Eddie took a good-size nap.

Comment

I remember enjoying the McGann movie when I saw it back in 2013 or so. Have yet to get to any of the audiobooks and such...with the seemingly erratic scheduling of Doctor Who seasons, I entirely missed the most recent season, and once the show left Netflix, I haven't revisited other episodes.

How pricey is the DVD, and is it a regular release?

This year I set a goal to rewatch (or just watch) as many superhero movies as possible (I like having a film project ongoing). Although it wasn't my intent when I started, I think there'll be a feature at the end of the year.
                    Do you count the Ninja Turtles as superheroes? I'm thinking as much about the 1990 film as the 2010 or so animated TMNT Forever in asking that...

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Kneeland View Post
                      Do you count the Ninja Turtles as superheroes? I'm thinking as much about the 1990 film as the 2010 or so animated TMNT Forever in asking that...
                      Of course. I know I'm leaving myself open to exposure to the Michael Bay films, but...

Comment

I remember enjoying the McGann movie when I saw it back in 2013 or so. Have yet to get to any of the audiobooks and such...with the seemingly erratic scheduling of Doctor Who seasons, I entirely missed the most recent season, and once the show left Netflix, I haven't revisited other episodes.

How pricey is the DVD, and is it a regular release?
                        The new seasons of Doctor Who are on Prime I believe, if you need to catch up. The classic stuff is on Britbox.

As far as the movie goes - the DVD in America is a bit overpriced at around $45 for a regular DVD. If you are willing to buy from Amazon.co.uk - you can get a region 2 edition for about $15 for blu ray, and $20 for regular DVD. The latter is the route I went.

Turtles are TOTALLY superheroes.

Comment

Of course. I know I'm leaving myself open to exposure to the Michael Bay films, but...
                          You did say you're trying to get to as many superhero films as possible. It's possible that you won't get to every last film during the year...

The new seasons of Doctor Who are on Prime I believe, if you need to catch up. The classic stuff is on Britbox.

As far as the movie goes - the DVD in America is a bit overpriced at around $45 for a regular DVD. If you are willing to buy from Amazon.co.uk - you can get a region 2 edition for about $15 for blu ray, and $20 for regular DVD. The latter is the route I went.
                          I've got a love/hate relationship with Prime... and have it for the 2-day shipping (mostly) without minimum orders.

Does an existing US Amazon account work with .co.uk?

Comment

Does an existing US Amazon account work with .co.uk?
                            No. You have to create a new account. Prime doesn't transfer either, but the shipping isn't too terrible. I've even had a very easy time getting replacement product when damaged DVD cases arrived.

Comment

Continuing the superhero rewatch, this afternoon I watched Megamind again. I'm not usually a Will Ferrell fan, but this superhero spoof from 2010 is actually pretty good. There's a nice redemptive arc, although the people of Metrocity are REALLY quick to forgive a lifetime of evildoing.

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X