No announcement yet.

What's the last movie you watched?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched The Disaster Artist with my gf, I a longtime fan of The Room who had read the book years ago, and she never having heard of it. We both enjoyed it in our own way, since it was a complete enough story.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotto Williams View Post
      Watched The Disaster Artist with my gf, I a longtime fan of The Room who had read the book years ago, and she never having heard of it. We both enjoyed it in our own way, since it was a complete enough story.
      That's one I'm really looking forward to seeing. The Room is deliciously bad, and I've read the book twice.

Comment

I finally saw Deadpool 2 last night. Within 1 month of release date, what a shocker!

It was a lot of fun, as expected. I particularly appreciated some of the death scenes in the credits, very well done.

My only real gripe was Black Tom. The jokes made at his expense were great, but I fear they passed up the goldmine that a powered Black Tom would be in a future movie. Anything is possible though!

Comment

I haven't seen that one yet either. If we can sneak off for a movie in the next week or two, it'll probably be Solo.

Comment

Another Svengoolie film -- William Castle's Mr. Sardonicus. Weird little creeper from 1961 with an absurdly gimmicky ending.

Comment

I just saw Deadpool 2 myself last night (Sunday). Enjoyed it quite a bit...especially the various 'death scenes'. I don't know HOW, but walking in...I had managed COMPLETELY to forget Cable's in it at all. So when he showed up, I had that moment of "holy crap! CABLE!!!!"

Finished Riverdale season 2 (I know, not a movie) tonight.

Snagged a new copy of Jurassic World on Bluray/DVD/Digital, because it was cheaper than "just" buying the thing digitally. Hoping to watch that again before seeing the new one later this month. Also considering Solo, and I think Incredibles 2 is out next week. I probably oughtta try re-watching the original there, too.

Comment

Rewatched X-Men: First Class. For a prequel, its flagrant disregard for continuity is appalling. Yet somehow, it's still the best film in the franchise.

Current Rewatch Rank: 11/86.

Comment

Batman: Gotham By Gaslight. I was enjoying it right up until the end, which changed the book in such a drastic and unfavorable way that I can't really recommend it.

Current Rewatch Rank: 73/90.

Comment

Yet you ranked it higher than Superman IV, which is a masterpiece of modern cinema. Your list confuses me!

Comment

Watching the third and final Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man right now. I decided to power through them so I could write the next Rewatch piece about the evolution of Spider-Man on film. I know it was a TV budget, but damn, these films are dull.

Comment

Aren't they though? They suffer from an industry that couldn't make comic movies and plodding 70s sci-fi storytelling. Without the mastery of the Action movie in the 80s, we would never have the real quality superhero flix we get today.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Reade View Post
                          Aren't they though? They suffer from an industry that couldn't make comic movies and plodding 70s sci-fi storytelling. Without the mastery of the Action movie in the 80s, we would never have the real quality superhero flix we get today.
                          Further proof that the 80s was the greatest era in human history.

Just rewatched the Hulu-exclusive documentary Batman and Bill. If you have Hulu, I cannot recommend this movie enough. The first half is the true history of Batman's creation and how Bill Finger got royally screwed out of credit. Interesting, but nothing most of us probably don't already know. The second half turns into a sort of detective movie as a biographer decides to try to get justice for Bill, finally getting him the credit he deserves. It's a surprisingly gripping movie, and it does get a little dusty at the end.

Current Rewatch Rank: 10/94.

Comment

I'll have to try to remember to check out Batman and Bill!

I just watched Jurassic World, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Jurassic Park III, and The Lion King over the last 3 days or so.

Comment

Erin and I got recruited to babysit my younger niece and nephew as my sister and sister-in-law brought their older kids to rehearsal for their dance recital. We let the kids pick a movie on Netflix and wound up watching An Extremely Goofy Movie. As many times as I know I've seen the original Goofy Movie, I honestly don't remember if I ever saw the sequel before.

Anyway, in the first ten minutes Goofy's son packs up and goes away to college, triggering a montage where Goofy walks around an empty house and thinks about how fast his child grew up. Meanwhile, I was holding a napping Eddie and thinking there was NO WAY I should be relating THIS HARD to An Extremely Goofy Movie.

Comment

I can only imagine on that..! But it's definitely amazing the things that can hit us that way, isn't it?

I don't think I realized that was a sequel...I watched it a few weeks ago; I thought it was the first one!

I did end up watching Batman and Bill...very interesting piece! I'd figured out a fair bit of that from reading stuff folks have posted over the years, but definitely learned more of it and better in this concentrated go-round. I had NOT realized how little was even known about Finger prior to the author digging into stuff about him, though. Also "interesting" to compare/contrast some of Kane's statements from different interviews about the same stuff over the years.

I also finally got around to the new Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle...and enjoyed it far more than I expected to. It also has me looking forward to Rampage; and I think I'm going to wind up re-watching the 1998 Godzilla sooner than later, as well.

Trying to decide between Incredibles 2 and Infinity War for this weekend with someone--she hasn't seen Infinity War yet; and I'm thinking it might actually be less crowded than Incredibles 2 THIS weekend. And maybe it'd be a great excuse for a future time to then take her to Incredibles 2.

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X