What's the last movie you watched?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Kneeland View Post
    Trying to decide between Incredibles 2 and Infinity War for this weekend with someone--she hasn't seen Infinity War yet; and I'm thinking it might actually be less crowded than Incredibles 2 THIS weekend. And maybe it'd be a great excuse for a future time to then take her to Incredibles 2.
    That sounds like a great plan, actually.

Comment

Atom Man Vs. Superman, the second of the two Superman serials starring Kirk Alyn. He really was great in the part, it's a shame modern fans seem to forget him. But like most serials, when you binge watch it, the story is bogged down by truly gargantuan amounts of filler.

Current Rewatch Rank: 42/98.

Comment

I've yet to see those Superman serials. I think I bought a Batman dvd with a couple serials, but haven't gotten around to watching it.

Interesting thought on the filler...is that from them making each piece somewhat standalone or where someone can start with a later chapter and just go forward? (I feel like that's a stupider question than I meant)

I watched Deep Blue Sea last night, and 47 Meters Down today. Presently distracted (randomly, but yet again) by Power Rangers stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Kneeland View Post
          Interesting thought on the filler...is that from them making each piece somewhat standalone or where someone can start with a later chapter and just go forward?
          No, it's literally just to stretch the story out. The chapters do have some recap, but the filler material is typically side plots and red herrings that don't really go anywhere. There are examples of four-hour serials that were edited down to 90-minute movies that worked just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake M. Petit View Post

No, it's literally just to stretch the story out. The chapters do have some recap, but the filler material is typically side plots and red herrings that don't really go anywhere. There are examples of four-hour serials that were edited down to 90-minute movies that worked just fine.
            Wishful thinking on my end, perhaps. Makes sense, and I guess I should've seen that.

Some of the "regular" movies I'm watching lately have been split across a couple sittings, so I probably wouldn't have the attention span for a classic serial anytime soon.

Comment

Continuing my two-fer viewings...last night, I started Bright and finished that today. Tonight I started Age of Ultron, and will probably finish that Monday. I was looking for my Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (1995) dvd and found Ultron, and realized I'd never redeemed the digital code. Redeemed, and so of course I had to start watching it...

Comment

I can't break up movies like that, it drives me CRAZY. If I don't think I'll have time to finish watching a movie, I don't even start.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake M. Petit View Post
                  I can't break up movies like that, it drives me CRAZY. If I don't think I'll have time to finish watching a movie, I don't even start.
                  That's often my case...but lately it's worked out like this. If I waited til I knew for sure I'd have time to watch the whole thing, I don't think I'd get to any movies at home.

Comment

Erin recorded Soapdish from 1991 a few days ago. It's a movie she liked a lot and I'd never seen before. Robert Downey Jr., Sally Field, Kevin Kline, Whoopi Goldberg and Elisabeth Shue as the cast and writers of a soap opera where art imitates life. It was pretty funny. Needed more Carrie Fisher, but that's true of most movies.

Comment

Ishiro Honda's The War of the Gargantuas, 1966. In Japan, Frankenstein is a giant humanoid kaiju covered in moss. More than one, in fact. The brown one is good, the green one is bad.

I love this stuff.

Comment

Rewatched the first Blade this afternoon. The CGI doesn't hold up, but everything else does.
                        Current Rewatch Rank: 32/103.

Comment

I finished Age of Ultron the other day; started into the newest Pirates of the Caribbean on Netflix...but Redboxed Pacific Rim: Uprising and watched that last night. Started into Captain America: Civil War and probably going back to that in a bit here.

Random excess exposition: bought a $3 used bluray/dvd/digital at The Exchange of Amazing Spider-Man...and it still had the code...AND the code redeemed successfully! Excellent price for digital, let alone getting the case and discs as well! Then when I considered watching that, I realized I probably want to re-watch Homecoming sooner, but that led me to realize I'd rather watch Civil War again before Homecoming...and now into Civil War, I'm keen to re-watch Black Panther as well.

Comment

Saw Ocean's 8.

It was good. Full of style and wit.

But once again Cate Blanchett was criminally underused. Just like Thor: Ragnarok

Comment

Back to a regular day after a week in Pittsburgh, today I watched The Adventures of the American Rabbit. When I was a kid, the Disney Channel played this movie over and over. Now I'm watching it with my son. It's a cute superhero/road trip movie about a young rabbit given a magical "legacy," which he uses to help the staff of a nightclub fight against a gang of jackals. Okay, so he's not in line for the Avengers but it's not a bad kids' movie at all.

Current Rewatch Rank: 51/114.

Comment

Saw two movies back to back on Friday...haven't done that in a while. Both were sequels.

Sicario 2 and Incredibles 2.

Both were good. In fact they were both about doing the right thing when no one wants you to.

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X