No announcement yet.

What's the last movie you watched?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Trinity. Part one, you fight vampires. Part two, you fight the thing that hunts vampires. Part three, you fight the king of the vampires. But Dominic Purcell's Dracula is weak and unintimidating. Ryan Reynolds is playing Deadpool five years before he would play Deadpool, only not charming. Both of them, as well as James Remar, would go on to in much better comic book adaptations on film and on TV, but Wesley Snipes's final outing as Blade doesn't live up to the first two.

Current Rewatch Rank: 76/126.

Comment

In case you thought the Rewatch project would be all fun and games, today I watched Catwoman.

My wife proposed a drinking game when we started this movie: take a drink any time she pointed out something stupid. If everybody played this game it would become the ninth highest cause of death in the United States.

Every thing about this movie is a disaster. The plot is boring. The dialogue is atrocious. The costume looks like somebody dropped it into an industrial shredder and just gave up. There are certain things that you just don't need in a Catwoman movie: a complex cat-based Egyptian mythology, for example, or horrendous and excessive CGI. Every movie is created by a series of choices, and every choice made here was the wrong one.

Erin fell asleep halfway through the movie. When she woke up, she said, "I didn't see how it ended."

"It ended," I said. "Just be grateful."

Current Rewatch Rank: 129/129.

Comment

Two comic movies I have specifically avoided watching: Catwoman, and the most recent Fantastic Four...

Comment

Offhand, I most recently started "Sliding Doors," and then dealing with one of the worst headaches I've ever had in my life, eventually watched the first 75 minutes of Jurassic Park (despite having just recently rewatched all the films prior to the one in theaters).

I also left off partway into the original Kung Fu Panda sometime recently. A friend was shocked that I've never watched any of the KFP films, and I took the hint and bumped it up in my "to watch" priorities.

3 partials, though...I'm horrible lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Kneeland View Post
            Two comic movies I have specifically avoided watching: Catwoman, and the most recent Fantastic Four...
            You were right in both of those choices.

I've never seen any of the Kung-Fu Panda movies either, actually.

Comment

Somehow, I've never seen either of the Antonio Banderas Zorro movies before. I watched them both today. The first one was a fun adventure flick, but the sequel turned up the slapstick way too much and the villains' plot (to use California joining the union to spark the Civil War) was way too convoluted.

Current Rewatch Rank: 52/131 and 100/131, respectively.

Comment

Recently saw "Ant Man & Wasp". Very kid friendly and non-threatening. A nice comic book movie.

Though I did think Janet was gonna pull a burn and go all evil when she was rescued, cuz she went insane after 30 years and resented Hank for leaving her there. But no. It was nice. Although, after suffering all that and being rescued, Janet then falls to 'The Snap' at the end. I thought that sucked.

Comment

It's good to know we can do spoiler text here, because I have no idea when I'm going to get to see this movie.

Comment

Try to get to it before it leaves the big screen. Like all comic book movies they should be seen on the biggest screen possible.

Comment

Originally posted by estee_tabernac View Post
                      Try to get to it before it leaves the big screen. Like all comic book movies they should be seen on the biggest screen possible.
                      While I agree with the sentiment, having a ten-month old makes it rough. I still haven't seen Deadpool 2, Solo, or Incredibles 2 either, and a year ago I would have been there opening day for all of those.

Comment

Watched Lego Batman: The Movie-DC Super Heroes Unite.

Let's get something clear: this is NOT the Batman from The Lego Batman Movie. That Batman is from the Lego Movie Universe. This film is the beginning of the Lego DC Universe. The Lego people are surprisingly strict about this.

There is, however, a distinct tonal difference. This Batman is less oafish and self-centered. It's more of a classic Batman in what is still a pretty sillu universe. In this film, the Joker teams up with Lex Luthor and Batman has to face the fact that he can't handle this alone. He needs the Justice League. This honestly could work fine as a story without the Lego elements. As it is, it's a nice introduction to the DCU for younger viewers.

Current Rewatch Rank: 43/135.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake M. Petit View Post

While I agree with the sentiment, having a ten-month old makes it rough. I still haven't seen Deadpool 2, Solo, or Incredibles 2 either, and a year ago I would have been there opening day for all of those.
                          I feel this pain. I have about a month off before school starts again, and once a week we have scheduled a sitter so we can get to see a movie. We missed out on Solo, but this week we are doing Incredibles 2, and next week it will be Ant Man and Wasp. There are still so many we missed out on... thankfully, they come out on video in a couple of weeks these days.

Comment

But dammit, I WILL have a babysitter on standby for opening night of Shazam.

Comment

Oh, I absolutely gave up on opening nights for movies. I consider anything in the first two weeks a win there!

But Shazam looks fantastic.

Comment

Saw Incredibles 2 last night (well, afternoon). It didn't disappoint. I nominate the brawl between Jack Jack and the raccoon to be considered for superhero fight of the year... quite epic!

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X