What's the last movie you watched?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw 2001: A Space Odyssey in IMAX.

It was awesome!.Wow, just wow. To think it was made in 1969. The visuals still hold up and even surpass the movies today.

Comment

Originally posted by estee_tabernac View Post
      Saw 2001: A Space Odyssey in IMAX.

It was awesome!.Wow, just wow. To think it was made in 1969. The visuals still hold up and even surpass the movies today.
      I wish there were more theaters that did screenings of classic movies around here. When Gene Wilder died, AMC did a double feature of Willy Wonka and Blazing Saddles. It was magnificent.

Comment

We are kind of lucky in that regard out here, there are several that do classic movies every Wednesday night. Plus there are a lot of art-house theaters, many with cool architecture.

California is a terrible place to live, except when it isn't sometimes...

Comment

Batman Ninja. The most unusual animated film in my project, but a good one. An accident with a time machine strands Batman, along with several of his friends and enemies, in feudal Japan. What follows is a lushly animated tale that blends the world of the Bat with the tropes of anime and samurai movies. Strange, but compelling and entertaining.

Current Rewatch Rank: 83/176.

Comment

Saw Peppermint, with Jennifer Garner. It was fun. Not over the top at all. Just 100 minutes of killing bad guys.

Comment

My movie watching has slowed down so much since school started. But I though Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was a'ight.

Comment

Teen Titans Go to the Movies

I was never a fan of the Teen Titans Go! TV show. I thought it was too ridiculous, TOO silly, I just didn't get into it. Then I had a kid. And although my son is only a year old, he loves this goofy, ridiculous TV show, so when the Blu-Ray was released, we had to get him this goofy, ridiculous movie.

And it is goofy. It's ridiculous. Robin, realizing that literally every other superhero is getting a movie except for him, sets out on a quest to get his own. I won't go through the various attempts they make, because there are too many of them and the specifics aren't important. The movie is wall-to-wall Easter Eggs, fourth wall breaking, cameo appearances, and pop culture references that will go well over the heads of the small children the propery seems to be aimed at.

Somehow, despite that, it WORKS. As I've learned from the TV show, the producers seem to have realized the way to keep the older viewers engaged is to load it up with geek candy, bits and pieces of DC paraphernalia and jokes that are for THEM, not for the kids. Characters you would never expect to see in ANY movie show up here. References to other comic book movies are frequent, and not subtle. Although the main characters in no way resemble their comic book counterparts, they're exactly what is needed to make this goofy, ridiculous movie work.

I kind of hate myself for it, but I liked this goofy, ridiculous movie.

Current Rewatch Rank: 53/178.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake M. Petit View Post
                  Teen Titans Go to the Movies

I was never a fan of the Teen Titans Go! TV show. I thought it was too ridiculous, TOO silly, I just didn't get into it. Then I had a kid. And although my son is only a year old, he loves this goofy, ridiculous TV show, so when the Blu-Ray was released, we had to get him this goofy, ridiculous movie.

And it is goofy. It's ridiculous. Robin, realizing that literally every other superhero is getting a movie except for him, sets out on a quest to get his own. I won't go through the various attempts they make, because there are too many of them and the specifics aren't important. The movie is wall-to-wall Easter Eggs, fourth wall breaking, cameo appearances, and pop culture references that will go well over the heads of the small children the propery seems to be aimed at.

Somehow, despite that, it WORKS. As I've learned from the TV show, the producers seem to have realized the way to keep the older viewers engaged is to load it up with geek candy, bits and pieces of DC paraphernalia and jokes that are for THEM, not for the kids. Characters you would never expect to see in ANY movie show up here. References to other comic book movies are frequent, and not subtle. Although the main characters in no way resemble their comic book counterparts, they're exactly what is needed to make this goofy, ridiculous movie work.

I kind of hate myself for it, but I liked this goofy, ridiculous movie.

Current Rewatch Rank: 53/178.
                  I watch TT Go all the time. Its really a show about nothing.

Comment

To me, the pain of having that instead of Teen Titans and Young Justice is just too much... I am sure I will end up watching it once Robby is old enough though. I'll save it until then.

Comment

• YJ is coming back in January, you know. Aaaand, you may want to Google the post-credits stinger from TTGTTM.

Comment

• Ooooh... I like that one. Still not sure it is worth rushing out to see the whole movie, but that scene gives me hope. And I just now saw an ad for Young Justice. I wonder what has changed to make them one to give that a chance again....

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Reade View Post
                          Ooooh... I like that one. Still not sure it is worth rushing out to see the whole movie, but that scene gives me hope. And I just now saw an ad for Young Justice. I wonder what has changed to make them one to give that a chance again....
                          I don't think DC or Warner Bros Animation ever really wanted it to end in the first place. That was a Cartoon Network decision. I think it's always just been a question of finding a platform to bring it back.

Comment

• I finally watched Solo. I've come to the conclusion that both it and Rogue One were better movies than Episodes 7 and 8. Shame they botched this one so badly.

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X