• Show
Clear All

• Fox network cancellation bloodbath

Brooklyn 99
    Last Man on Earth
    The Mick
    The Exorcist
    Lucifer

All cancelled in the last two days. I know it's normal for a network to officially axe shows before the May upfronts, but this seems like a lot.

The only one of these I watched regularly is Lucifer, which my wife is a fan of. She's gonna be bummed. And I doubt it'll get a last-minute stay of execution like 99 may get from Hulu.

Still no decision on Ghosted, which I actually really like.

I didn't watch any of those shows, but I was interested in checking out Lucifer.

I thought Lucifer was on the bubble LAST year, so I guess getting another year is a good thing at the end of the day?

I am not sure, all of the buzz about Agents of SHIELD says that they will decide about it by today... so maybe this is just the usual "cancel-by" week?

Comment

The network upfronts are next week, so this is the traditional time to announce what won't be coming back. It just seemed like Fox had a lot all at once.

Lucifer isn't bad, but if you're looking for an adaptation of the comic, look elsewhere.

Comment

That was probably the only reason I was interested in checking out Lucifer, actually. Sounds like I didn't miss anything!

Still nothing on AoS... looks like next week now!

Comment

They haven't said AOS is safe, but it wasn't on the list of cancellations ABC just announced. Maybe that's a good sign.

Comment

Brooklyn 99 has been saved by NBC.
            Lucifer was fun as it's own thing but it sure as hell moved a loooooong way from being based on the comics. Once I got past that issue it's quite enjoyable.
            I could see Lucifer getting a save from Amazon who have the rights here in the UK, although I was wrong when I thought the same about Constantine. Maybe we'll end up with Tom Ellis guesting on Legends!

Comment

Yeah, apparently Fox's NFL deal prompted them to clean house. I hope LA to Vegas gets saved.

I am CRUSHED about Last Man On Earth.

Comment

I've only seen the first two episodes of LA to Vegas, but I really liked it. We'll probably try to binge it this summer, once we clean all the stuff from the spring from the DVR.

Comment

A great woman once said "fooseball is the devil"

Comment

More good news: Netflix has picked up Lucifer for season four! At this rate, no TV show will ever be cancelled again, they'll just bounce from network to streaming and back again.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake M. Petit View Post
                      More good news: Netflix has picked up Lucifer for season four!
                      Nice! That'll add incentive for me to catch up on the series! And just good to see/know...

Comment

Erin has been sitting on the last two episodes on our DVR because she didn't want it to end. I guess we can watch them now.

Comment

Sadly, this might also mean that horrible shows can get a new lease on life. I fear the day the streaming services start with reality television...

Great news for Lucifer fans though!

Comment

Yeah, but horrible shows can already last for ages. In the spirit of positivity, I won't specifically mention Two and a Half Men, but you can all think of examples.

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X