Anyone watch New Girl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch New Girl?

I've been really enjoying the final season ... I was skeptical about the time jump, but it has worked out pretty damned well. Super short - but if you are going to end a series, a really short few episodes to tie everything up really is the perfect way to do it.

uh oh...spoilers!

(Well, not really...but now I know that at some point there will be a time jump. Still no idea how much of a jump, why, anything immediately preceding it, etc...so, all good!)

I'm not even sure what season I'm on--I think I'm mid-season 4 or so.

Time jump sounds interesting.

So I guess to actually answer the question: I've been watching it some on Netflix, but I'm at least a couple seasons behind.

I only just in early 2017 finally got to/through How I Met Your Mother, after stalling out halfway into that show's first season immediately after the series finale aired.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about that being a spoiler - it was pretty heavily publicized. Season 7 starts with a 3 year time jump. It is only 8 episodes, so it's moving along pretty quickly.

I guess since you are only in season 4, not much point in talking about this season so far!

Comment

I did, until the lifestyle changes that caused me to give up monthly comics and wrestling also got network TV. Always thought it was a strong ensemble, not just a vehicle for Zooey Deschanel.

I'll have to catch up when it hits Netflix... I don't mind a time jump season, I really liked the finale of Parks & Recreation.

Okay, I'll leave this thread now so you can talk spoilery!

Comment

The ensemble is great. Oddly, she is a good character, but has never been my favorite on the show. That tends to jump around a bit.

The writers and producers for New Girl are amazing. They pulled off creating an interesting and somewhat likable REGULAR character for Megan Fox. They can make anyone entertaining...

Comment

I loved the finale. It was a good show. Here's hoping for the Schmidt Happens Spinoff one day.

Comment

For whatever it's worth--please spoil away/discuss away! I'll either be spoiled or not, but definitely don't want anyone avoiding conversation just because I posted that I'm not caught up!

Originally posted by WhereIsTony View Post
              I loved the finale. It was a good show. Here's hoping for the Schmidt Happens Spinoff one day.
              ...I'd watch that for the title alone!

Comment

I agree - I enjoyed it a lot. I kind of looked at the wedding as more the "finale" - just for the level of wackiness, but the last episode was solid as well.

Actually, all 8 of this season's episodes felt like a prolonged finale to me. It seemed like they made every effort to reference running gags, old performers, and long-term concepts they could. There were a few absences - but I guess they couldn't include everyone.

I wonder if it is too much to ask for other shows to also get the 8-part standalone finale mini-season?

Comment

I'd love an eight episode extension of Suburgatory, Happy Endings, and I would LOVE a decades after follow-up to News Radio

Comment

I'd love an eight episode extension of Suburgatory, Happy Endings, and I would LOVE a decades after follow-up to News Radio
                    Much as I loved Newsradio, I don't know if I would want a revival. The heart went out of that show after Phil Hartman died, and I don't particularly want to see Andy Dick in anything ever again.

Comment

I think I am with Blake on this one - I don't need any new News Radio. With Hartman dead, and Dave Foley a little nuts these days, I am not sure it would be funny. When Joe Rogan is the funniest thing you have left, it doesn't bode well.

Though, there is some merit to the extended finale idea. Id bet if some shows knew they were ending when they scripted their finales, things would have been much different.

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X