The Orville Season 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Orville Season 2

Looks like Fox announced that it will premier on December 30th. Way too far away, but that's better than CANCELLED, so I'll take it!

I was surprised at how good that show was, especially later in the season.

Comment

Not being a Seth McFarlane fan, I'm shocked at how much I liked this. I don't think it was ever in real danger, though. Fox wanted to extend the first season, but McFarlane was too busy to make the back nine.

Comment

I found Seth McFarlane funny - but in small doses. I'd watch Family Guy, get a few laughs, then shut it off after 10 minutes. I was worried about whether I would enjoy The Orville or not, but I am so happy I gave it a shot.

It IS The Next Generation, with a little slapstick. I haven't laughed as hard at a TV show in a long time. The scene where Gordon's leg falls out of the ceiling had me on the floor.

I love the show. If short seasons means more quality content, I am all for them.

Comment

Yeah my only complaint with the short season is it can make the gap feel longer.

Comment

True enough. Of course, since it IS longer, that's not a total surprise!

As far behind as I am on TV though, maybe putting it off is a good thing.

Comment

I kinda like that American TV is drifting closer to the British model: shorter, more focused seasons, fewer filler episodes, and more of a willingness to wait until a new season is ready instead of rushing it out the door.

Comment

I used to have mixed feelings about that - but as time has gone on, I find I do much prefer quality to quantity. Though, when they do a short season and it really isn't that good I just get irritated.

Comment

True, but you'd get irritated for a long season that wasn't any good too.

Comment

I have yet to watch the Orville...though it's on my radar. I only just tonight started Black Lightning (though I'm already 3-4 episodes in on that). From all the good word on it, I'm looking forward to it hopefully grabbing me once I do start it! (and I'll blame this thread for pushing me over the fence on it with everyone speaking so highly of it here).

I definitely like the shorter/focused seasons and getting the whole season in one go. Not a fan of the "mid-season finale" and breaks (though I understand why they're done).

That's how I lost track of Arrow initially--I watched the first half of season 1, but then the gap from November til whenever it came back, I was out of the habit completely of watching it, and never have gotten back to regularly watching it.

I like to binge-watch stuff, and the last couple years of my life have really pushed me into that being the best way to watch stuff. I think for the 2017-2018 'season' the only thing I managed to keep up with was Big Bang Theory, and that was primarily 4-5 "mini-binges" followed by however many weeks of not seeing it.

Comment

The "mid season finale" isn't really a new thing, shows have had a hiatus around the holidays for decades. It's only that they've just recently started making a big deal out of it.

Comment

That much is true - but then, the length of the breaks has been getting longer I think. And I don't remember there being as much focus on a cliffhanger or finale-style episode prior to the break... it was just stopping for a few weeks.

These days, they are almost mini-seasons.

Comment

End of Thread Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X